Friday, July 30, 2010

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS ... BETTY WHITE

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS ...

BETTY WHITE

TO WISTERIA LANE

BETTY WHITE1

Move over, ladies of Wisteria Lane — there could be a new gal in town soon! Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry told reporters at a press conference, “I would love to have Betty [White] on the show.” “She’s a saucy, sexy gal and she’s a blast, and it’s something that would make my heart happy if I could do that with her,” he added.

It would be particularly special to Marc because he produced The Golden Girls, which starred Betty. So could Desperate Housewives get Betty to do a guest shot?

“She’s constantly employed. I’m trying to just see if I can get her for dinner, “laughed Marc, who was promoting the upcoming seventh season of DH today. “She works harder than any of us.”

Marc said he wishes he could have reunited the Golden Girls on Housewives when the show first began.

“I remember thinking I’ve got to get them on the show and of course, time does what it does and now only Betty’s left,” he sighed of the losses of beloved Estelle Getty, Bea Arthur, and Rue McClanahan.

“She’s an amazing talent,” said Marc, who cheered Betty on from the Saturday Night Live audience this past spring. “She’s just a doll!”

No comments:

Post a Comment