Tuesday, August 17, 2010

MOVIE NEWS … BRIGITTE BARDOT

MOVIE NEWS

BRIGITTE BARDOT

B BARDOT 1

Brigitte Bardot, the quondam French femme fatale with a history of racist and homophobic remarks, warns that "sparks will fly" if plans for a biographical film move forward.

According to London's Guardian, Bardot, 73, has come out in strong opposition to rumours that U.S. film producer Kyle Newman has planned to film a biopic about the actress. Claiming that there could be no suitable person to play her, she asserts, "They have their own personalities but they don't have mine."

She is also disappointed about her lack of participation in the film.

"I am not O.K. with a film about me when I have not been told about it and when I have not given my agreement to the person playing my role," she said. Newman's wife, actress Jaime King, would reportedly play Bardot.

Whether the film would stop at the actress's departure from the silver screen in 1962 or continue into her rather controversial life afterward is unknown.

Since 1997, Bardot has also faced several charges under France's stringent antiracism laws. Past comments have included railing against the invasion of France by "sheep-slaughtering Muslims." Israel's YnetNews reports that prosecutor Anne de Fontette exclaimed, "I am a little tired of prosecuting Mrs. Bardot."

B BARDOT 2

No comments:

Post a Comment