Tuesday, November 9, 2010

WATSON HOMESICK IN US UNIVERSITY

 

emma_watson

Actress Emma Watson suffered incredible homesickness when she started studying at America's Brown University and couldn't phone home to speak to her parents for three months. The British star admits her father wanted her to study at England's renowned Cambridge University but she had a dream to study overseas. After an extensive search for the right college, she packed her bags and headed for Rhode Island's Ivy League school.

But the distance from her relatives took its tool on her emotions. She tells Parade magazine, "I didn't call home for three months. I'd send text messages, but it was too hard to pick up the phone - I'd just burst into tears. Dad told me, 'Be yourself and you'll be fine'. My mom was more like, 'Make sure you wear a warm coat'. She sent me thermals and English chocolates."

No comments:

Post a Comment