Wednesday, January 12, 2011

NEW HOPES FOR HELLBOY 3

 

HELLBOY

RON PERLMAN has always said he would be interested in a third Hellboy film as long as Guillermo del Toro is involved, even though he doesn't like the six-hour make-up process that transforms him into the comic book character.

Now that del Toro is no longer tied up with The Hobbit, the actor has repeated his hope that the cigar-smoking red demon will return to the screen one more time to complete the storyline.

Perlman, who can be seen on TV as an outlaw biker in Sons of Anarchy, told Examiner: "I hope there's a third Hellboy, simply because he always thought of it as a trilogy. And when he set up that [Liz Sherman, Hellboy's love interest] is pregnant with twins at the end of Hellboy 2, he kind of sketched out what the third Hellboy movie would look like. It's so theatrical. It's so epic. It's so dark.

"And also, we have to find out about the Hellboy destiny. It's written in stone that he's going to destroy mankind. That's what he's been brought to Earth to do. So the whole dialogue between nurture and nature gets to live itself out in the third Hellboy movie. But if there's no third one, then the audience doesn't get to see any of that. It's worth doing."

The star is also in the new version of Conan the Barbarian. He explained: "I play Conan's father. There's big-time sword action. But I'm only in the movie for 10 minutes. I can't tell everything, but the first sequence is huge. It's epic.

"All I can tell you is that I work with the Conan who's 11 years old. And there's a jump cut to Conan the adult, and I'm no longer on the scene. I don't want to give away anything.

"I never worked with [Jason] Momoa, who's the adult Conan. I only worked with this kid [Leo Howard], who's a phenomenal actor. And he's like a North American champion of swords since he was four years old. He had a black belt [in martial arts] by the time he was 4. He's a swordsman and he's mind-boggling. He made me look like a piker."

No comments:

Post a Comment