Thursday, April 28, 2011

ACCIDENT REPORTS

 

Accident insurance claim forms ask for a brief statement about how the accident happened. The combination of the finger pointing instinct and the small spaces provided on the forms can lead to some curiously phrased explanations.

  • "In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."
  • "My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle."
  • "As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident."
  • "The telephone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front end."
  • "A truck backed though my windshield and into my wife's face."
  • "I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment."
  • "The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."

No comments:

Post a Comment