Wednesday, May 4, 2011

LEDGER AND GYLLENHAAL AUDITIONED FOR “MOULIN ROUGE”

 

nicole_kidman_ewan_mcgregor_moulin_rouge_001

The part of penniless poet Christian in the 2001 movie musical eventually went to Scottish actor Ewan McGregor but Baz Luhrmann admits it took months of auditions to find the right man for the job.

He tells MTV.com, "I saw everyone. I have audition material of people you wouldn't believe. I know who can really sing, people who've got amazing voices, from that process.

"Dear Heath Ledger, (he had) incredible scenes with Nicole. Because at one stage, Christian was very young, he was a younger guy, and then I was aware of Ewan but I didn't know if he could sing.

"Jake should do a musical. He's a wonderful actor, but (he has a) great voice, tremendous voice. He sang some (Stephen) Sondheim for me, complicated singing, great voice. When is he going to guest on Glee?

No comments:

Post a Comment