Wednesday, July 13, 2011

25 GREAT LINES FROM HARRY POTTER

 

HARRY001

As we  await the last Harry Potter instalment Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 to open in theatres July 14 in Australia, Harry Potter-ites begin their own journey to the end. To commemorate the last decade with Harry, Hermione, Ron and all the beloved Harry Potter characters, here are 25 of the best quotes from the last seven films.

HARRY002

Hagrid: You're a wizard, Harry.
Harry: I'm a what?

HARRY003

Albus Dumbledore: It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live.

HARRY004

Ron: [mimicking Hermione] "It's Levi-OOOOH-sa not LevioSAR." She's a nightmare, honestly. It's no wonder she hasn't got any friends!
[Hermione comes up from behind them and rushes past, in tears]
Harry: I think she heard you.

HARRY005

Sorting Hat: Hmm, difficult. VERY difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?
Harry: Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin.
Sorting Hat: Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know.
Harry: Please, please. Anything but Slytherin, anything but Slytherin.
Sorting Hat: Well if you're sure, better be... GRYFFINDOR!

HARRY006

Lord Voldemort: Harry Potter. We meet again.
Harry: Voldemort?
Lord Voldemort: Yes. You see what I've become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another, a mere parasite! Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can; something that, conveniently enough, lies in your pocket!

HARRY007

Ron: Why spiders? Why couldn't it be "follow the butterflies?"

HARRY008

Gilderoy Lockhart: Ah... yes, well, that can sometimes happen. Um, but, uh, the point is, uh, you can no longer feel any pain. And, very clearly, the bones are not broken.
Hagrid: Broken? There's no bones left!
Gilderoy Lockhart: Much more flexible, though.

HARRY009

Harry: Not to be rude or anything, but this isn't a great time for me to have a house elf in my bedroom.

HARRY010

Sirius Black: I expect you're tired of hearing this, but you look so like your father. Except your eyes. You have...
Harry: My mother's eyes.
Sirius Black: It's cruel that I got to spend so much time with James and Lily, and you so little. But know this; the ones that love us never really leave us. And you can always find them in here.

HARRY011

Harry: Professor, why do the Dementors affect me so? More than anyone else, I mean?
Professor Lupin: Listen, Dementors are among the foulest creatures to walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory until a person is left with nothing but his worst experiences. The dementors affect you more than others because there are true horrors in your past
.

HARRY012

Harry: "Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present the Marauder's Map."
George Weasley: We owe them so much.
Harry: Hang on. This is Hogwarts. And that... No. Is that really...?
Fred Weasley: Dumbledore.
George Weasley: In his study.
Fred Weasley: Pacing.
George Weasley: Does that a lot.
Harry: So you mean this map shows...?
Fred Weasley: Everyone.

HARRY013

Harry: Professor Trelawney?
Professor Trelawney: [in a deep, raspy voice] He will return tonight! He who betrayed his friends - whose heart rots with murder! Innocent blood shall be shed and servant and master shall be reunited once moooooooore! [coughs] Oh, I'm sorry, dear. Did you say something?

HARRY014

Voldemort: Harry! I'd almost forgotten you were here, standing on the bones of my father. I'd introduce you, but rumour has it you're almost as famous as me these days.

HARRY015

Dumbledore: The Goblet of Fire! Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly! If chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment, The Triwizard Tournament has begun!

HARRY016

Dumbledore: No spell can reawaken the dead, Harry. I trust you know that. Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.

HARRY017

Cedric Diggory: I realize I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons.
Harry: Forget about it. I'm sure you would've done the same for me.
Cedric Diggory: Exactly. You know the Prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor? It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and... mull things over in the hot water.

HARRY018

Harry Potter: [to Voldemort] You're the weak one. And you'll never know love, or friendship. And I feel sorry for you.

HARRY019

Dolores Umbridge: [to Harry] As I told you, Mr. Potter, naughty children deserve to be punished.

HARRY020

Harry Potter: [sees that Luna is barefoot] Aren't your feet cold?
Luna Lovegood: A bit. But all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. I suspect the Nargles are behind it.

HARRY021

Harry Potter: Did you know, sir? Then?
Albus Dumbledore: Did I know that I just met the most dangerous dark wizard of all time? No.

HARRY022

Professor Minerva McGonagall: [to Harry, Ron, & Hermione] Why is it, that whenever anything happens, it's always you three?
Ron Weasley: Believe me, Professor. I've been asking myself that same question for the past six years
.

HARRY023

Harry Potter: You think I don't know how this feels?
Ron Weasley: No! You don't know how it feels! Your parents are dead! You have no family!

HARRY024

Bellatrix Lestrange: How dare you defy your master!
Dobby the House Elf: Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!

HARRY025

Rufus Scrimgeour: These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to our citizenry: We, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry remains, strong.

harry026

No comments:

Post a Comment