Friday, July 8, 2011

BEYONCE TO STAR IN “A STAR IS BORN” REMAKE

 

BEYONCE

Beyoncé will star in Clint Eastwood’s remake of the classic rags-to-riches tale A Star Is Born.

The Halo singer had been tipped for the role for some time but she finally confirmed the casting. "Clint Eastwood? Can you believe that? I can't believe it still. When I met with him I was just in awe. I'm so, so honoured that he believes in me. And I can't wait to do this film," she said

"I represent this generation's talent and for me to be the chosen person, as an African American woman, is incredible," the chart-topper added.

The role Beyoncé will play, an aspiring singer who arrives in Hollywood desperate for a break, has already been played by Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand and Janet Gaynor in previous remakes.

Leonardo DiCaprio is expected to be announced as the male lead, an aging film star who helps Beyoncé’s character find fame, while Clint Eastwood will direct.

Filming starts in the US autumn; the movie is set for release in 2012

It’s been a good week for Beyoncé – her new album, 4, is set to top the charts after her much-talked-about performance at the Glastonbury Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment