Wednesday, July 20, 2011

SIGOURNEY WOULDN’T MIND REPRISING ELLEN RIPLEY

 

sigourney-weaver-aliens

With PROMETHEUS/ALIEN prequel talk, and the upcoming 25th anniversary of ALIENS, Moviefone thought it would be a good idea to chat with the franchise's star Sigourney Weaver. They mostly talked to her about the anniversary but it did bring up some interesting things...

According to the interview Weaver wouldn't mind bringing back 'Ellen Ripley' for one last adventure:

"I doubt it just because the way the industry is. While I can't speak for them, I think for Fox, once you're sixty, you're not going to be starring in an action movie. I think it's too bad that that's the case. I would have liked to do one last story where we go back to the planet, where Ripley's history is resolved. But I do feel like her story is unfinished.

I love the way the story has evolved, that every few years there's another voyage into that universe with another wonderful young director. And certainly I'm blessed with lots of different wonderful jobs, so I'm not sitting at home ruminating about all of that. If I was really caught up in it, I would find a logical story and try to get them behind it, but she may just be left circling earth.

I could definitely kick that alien's ass again. [Ripley]'s a smart hero, it's the way she thinks, but just looking at the way the business is..."

No comments:

Post a Comment