Wednesday, August 10, 2011

TIMBERLAKE–“I WOULD HAVE MADE IT WITHOUT ‘N SYNC”

 

N SYNC

Justin Timberlake has said that he would have been successful without 'N Sync.

The singer first found fame in the late '90s as a member of the boyband, whose hits included 'Girlfriend', 'Pop' and 'Bye Bye Bye'.

He began a solo career in 2002, spawning two highly successful albums and many collaborations with other artists. He has since forged an acting career, appearing in the likes of The Social Network and Friends With Benefits.

Timberlake told Elle magazine that he would have been discovered, even if the boyband had never existed.

"I don't want this to come out the wrong way," he said. "It was an amazing platform but even without it, I believe I would have been heard as a solo artist."

He added that he was surprised his record company allowed him to not play them his two albums until they were fully complete.

"I don't know why they let me do that. But I hadn't come out of nowhere. People had preconceptions and I didn't want to be misunderstood. I've learned that people have preconceptions, period. They're uncontrollable but they're not who you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment