Wednesday, October 19, 2011

KENNY WORMALD ON BEING BULLIED

 

Kenny-Wormald-as-Ren-McCormack-in-Footloose

Footloose actor Kenny Wormald has revealed that he was bullied as a youngster for his love of dancing.

The 27-year-old, who stars alongside Julianne Hough in the remake of Kevin Bacon's 1984 classic, opened up about the "terrible" taunts he received from his peers that almost forced him into abandoning his passion.

"The whole bullying issue has really struck a nerve with me," he told Celebuzz. "It affects so many different types of people at a vital time in their lives. I used to get made fun of a lot for being a male dancer, especially growing up in Boston. Kids are terrible, they don't realize how heavy words can be.

"I almost quit many times, but now I go home and see those same kids and they're congratulating me! I smile and say thanks, but I really want to throw them into a locker!"

No comments:

Post a Comment