Wednesday, December 21, 2011

PAUL MCCARTNEY LOOKS TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM

 

paul-mccartney-00192Nearly five years after releasing his last solo studio album, Paul McCartney is coming back with a brand new one. The former member of The Beatles is eying to release the effort in the United States on February 7, 2012. To tide fans over, he offers an audio stream of a new song called "My Valentine".

The musician, who just finished an extended leg of his On the Run tour, believed it's about time the songs "me and John [Lennon] based quite a few of our things on" received the recognition they deserve. Thus, he will pay tribute to "the songs which inspired the songs" with the new album of those standards he grew up listening to in his childhood.

Paul will also fill the record with a couple of his new original compositions in the spirit of those classics. "When I kind of got into song-writing, I realized how well structured these songs were and I think I took a lot of my lessons from them," he explained.

"I always thought artists like Fred Astaire were very cool. Writers like Harold Arlen, Cole Porter, all of those guys - I just thought the songs were magical. And then, as I got to be a songwriter I thought it's beautiful, the way they made those song," he elaborated his statement about "those classic standards" where he took his inspirations from

No comments:

Post a Comment