Tuesday, January 31, 2012

MAY I HAVE THAT SPECIAL PLEASE?

 

We proceeded to a McDonald's. Not knowing what we wanted ahead of time, but when we got there we saw a sign for a special: "2 Big Macs, 2 large fries, and 2 drinks for $7.99."

  • Me: "Can I have the 2 Big Macs, 2 large fries special?"
  • Clerk: "Excuse me?"
  • Me: "Can I have the special on the sign up there?" (pointing to the sign)
  • Clerk: "What special?"
  • Me: "The 2 Big Macs special."
  • Clerk: "That's not a special. You just order 2 Big Macs and 2 fries and 2 drinks."
  • Me: "Will it cost $7.99?"
  • Clerk: "I don't know. Let me see."

She rung up the order, and it came to around $12.

  • Clerk: "That is how much it costs."
  • Me: "Then why does the sign say $7.99?"
  • Clerk: "I don't know what you are talking about."
  • Me: "The sign up there." (pointing to the sign again)
  • Clerk: "Let me get the manager."

The manager came over, and I was convinced I would be eating shortly.

  • Manager: "Can I help you?"
  • Me: "I just want to order the special that it see on the sign up there."
  • Manager: "There is no special at this time."
  • Me: "Then why does the sign say there is?"
  • Manager: "I don't know about that, but you can order two value meals and get the same thing."
  • Me: "But that will cost more than $7.99."
  • Manager: "That's right."
  • Me: "But what I want is what is on the sign up there." (pointing to the sign again)

The manager read the sign out loud, very slowly.

  • Manager: "The sign is wrong."
  • Me: "Well, if you are the manager, why don't you take it down?"
  • Manager: (angrily) "Excuse me?"
  • Me: "You are the manager, and you have signs in here that are wrong. You should take them down."
  • Manager: "Sir, why don't you leave my store."
  • Me: "What?"
  • Manager: "Leave my store before something happens."
  • Me: "What is going to happen?"
  • Manager: "Just get out of here."

We left, walked about five blocks to the next McDonald's. I ordered the same special without a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment