Saturday, August 4, 2012

DAME SHIRLEY BASSEY: LIVE AT CARNEGIE HALL - REMASTERED - 2005


Shirley-Bassey-carnegie
This "Live At Carnegie Hall" Cd shows Shirley Bassey at her ultimate best. It was compiled from her 2 nights at Carnegie Hall, May 11th and 12th 1973. The wonderful orchestration was written by Arthur Greensdale. Shirley's voice is at it's peak and she's able to balance the powerful with the tender giving each song a unique blend; listening to her rapport with the audience makes you feel like you were actually there.

Every song on here is great!!! She opens with her hit "Goldfinger," with a slightly more upbeat tempo resulting in something different and magical. I never thought I would hear a rendition of "Where Am I going" that could rival Dionne Warwick's, but Miss Bassey is certainly a contender. Her power can really be heard on "Johnny One Note," along with "I (Who Have Nothing)." It seems like everyone sang Godspell's "Day By Day" in the 70's, but only a few were able to make it memorable, and I dare say Miss Bassey does this tune effortlessly. "Diamonds Are Forever" is sexy, strong and intriguing, as well as the enchanting "Never, Never, Never." You can hear the pure emotions in her voice when she sings "You and I" and "This Is My Life (La Vita)."
You will miss something very special if you don't listen to this CD from beginning to end.
Track Listing:
1. Goldfinger
2. Where Am I Going
3. I Capricorn
4. Let Me Sing and I'm Happy
5. Johnny One Note
6. For All We Know
7. I'd Like to Hate Myself in the Morning
8. I Who Have Nothing (Uno del Tanti)
9. Day by Day
10. And I Love You So
11. Diamonds Are Forever
12. Big Spender
13. Never, Never, Never (Grande, Grande, Grande)
14. You and I
15. Something
16. Lovely Way to Spend an Evening, A
17. This Is My Life (La Vita)
18. Lovely Way to Spend an Evening, A
19. Party's Over, The

No comments:

Post a Comment