Monday, October 14, 2013

Final Year of Glee Announced

 

finn and rachel 

After several successful series, the all , all dancing, never afraid to reflect on current issues programme Glee will come to an end.

Co-creator Ryan Murphy made the official statement: The show won’t go on beyond next season.

At an event honouring FX Networks, Murphy confirmed that Season 6 will be Glee‘s last. He also revealed that Cory Monteith’s death forced him to devise a completely different endgame.

Evidentially the final year of the show was designed around the stry of Rachel and Cory/Finn. Ryan told reporters. “I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was – he was in it. I knew what the last line was – she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we’re figuring that out now.

“I have a good idea,” Murphy added. “I’m going to tell the studio and the network how after Cory’s unfortunate passing we can end the show that I think is very satisfactory. And kind of in his honour, which I love.”

In one way it is perhaps time to move on and end on a high but on the other hand I can’t help but think of what potential talent may never be discovered and what influence to many causes and issues will be lost. Glee has successfully gone into uncharted waters with major success. Long may the Entertainment Industry feel the influence after the last song has been sung and the screen fades.

No comments:

Post a Comment