Saturday, May 28, 2011
- Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable. Any system which depends on human reliability is unreliable.
- .Give all orders verbally. Never write anything down that might go into a "Pearl Harbour File."
- Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity, and other variables the organism will do as it damn well pleases.
- If you can't understand it, it is intuitively obvious.
- The more cordial the buyer's secretary, the greater the odds that the competition already has the order.
- In designing any type of construction, no overall dimension can be totalled correctly after 4:30 p.m. on Friday. The correct total will become self-evident at 8:15 a.m. on Monday.
- Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. And scratch where it itches.
Maldives - absolutely gorgeous and the most beautiful place on earth.
The Republic of Maldives, or simply the Maldives, is an island nation in the Indian Ocean. It consists of approximately 1,190 coral islands grouped in a double chain of 26 atolls, along the north-south direction, spread over roughly 90,000 square kilometres, making this one of the most disparate countries in the world.
more later ….
Sprinkle Me With Kisses (If You Want My Love to Grow)
Recorded on Victor Recordings: B-15983
First Recording Date:5/3/1915
Artists: Elsie Baker ; Charles Harrison
Female-male vocal duet, with orchestra
A favourite song of World War I era.
Director: Wolf Rilla
Stars: George Sanders, Barbara Shelley and Martin Stephens
Release Date: 7 December 1960 (USA)
In the small English village of Midwich everybody and everything falls into a deep, mysterious sleep for several hours in the middle of the day. Some months later every woman capable of child-bearing is pregnant and the children that are born out of these pregnancies seem to grow very fast and they all have the same blond hair and strange, penetrating eyes that make people do things they don't want to do.
Runtime: 77 min
Sound Mix: Mono (Westrex Recording System)
Colour: Black and White
The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. It is a a pneumoconiosis caused by the inhalation of very fine silicate or quartz dust. The only other word with the same amount of letters is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses, its plural.
Bodiam Castle is a 14th-century moated castle near Robertsbridge in East Sussex, England.
It was built in 1385 by Sir Edward Dalyngrigge, a former knight of Edward III, with the permission of Richard II, ostensibly to defend the area against French invasion during the Hundred Years' War.
Of quadrangular plan, Bodiam Castle has no keep, having its various chambers built around the outer defensive walls and inner courts. Its corners and entrance are marked by towers, and topped by crenellations. Its structure, details and situation in an artificial watery landscape indicate that display was an important aspect of the castle's design as well as defence.
It was the home of the Dalyngrigge family and the centre of the manor of Bodiam.