Saturday, May 26, 2012
Can your age be estimated by your memories of past event? Do the following criteria apply?
- Roller-skating has always meant in-line.
- Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
- No idea when or why Jordache jeans were cool.
- Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
- Have never seen Larry Bird play.
- Never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
- The Vietnam War is as ancient history as WWI, WWII and the Civil War.
- Have no idea that Americans were ever held hostage in Iran.
- Can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.
- Don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
Directed by Roman Polanski
Starring Helena Bonham Carter, Ben Kingsley
Screenplay Roman Polanski and Ronald Harwood
Music Alexandre Desplat
Production Designer Dean Tavoularis
Director of Photography Eduardo Serra
Editor Hervé de Luze
Executive Producer Max Brun
Produced by Hi! Production and R.P. Productions
"The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" uncovers three character posters to build the anticipation of its November release. Presented in dark theme, the one-sheets feature close-up shots of Bella Swan, Edward Cullen and Jacob Black to highlight each of their signature eye colours. All three of them also include a short tagline that reads, "Forever."
Before unveiling the promo materials, Summit Entertainment invited the "Twilight Saga" fans to a scavenger hunt game. They were tasked to unscramble all the 22 names of the new coven members.
This graphic shows how much bigger serving portions have become in restaurants since the 1950s. The CDC says they have quadrupled and we’ve all added an extra 26 pounds because of it. But are we at least fat and happy?
- When the T-Rex devours the traffic light in San Diego within the movie “The Lost Word: Jurassic Park“, there is a sign close by that reads "No Dinosaurs".
- When they mate, a yak and a cow produce a dzo.
- When two words are combined to form a single word (e.g., motor + hotel = motel, breakfast + lunch = brunch) the new word is called a "portmanteau."
- When you blush, your stomach lining also reddens.
- When young and impoverished, Pablo Picasso kept warm by burning his own paintings.
- When young, Black sea basses are mostly female, but at the age of 5 years many switch sexes to male.
- While at Harvard University, Edward Kennedy was suspended for cheating on a Spanish exam.
- While sleeping, one man in eight snores, and one in ten grinds his teeth.
- Widows in equatorial Africa actually wear sackcloth and ashes when attending a funeral.
- William Henry Harrison (1773-1841) was the first US president to die in office. At 32 days, he also had the shortest term in office.
- William Shakespeare married Anne Hathaway on 27 November 1582, he was 18 at the time.
Friday, May 25, 2012
Even as the massive critical and financial success of The Avengers, the studio has its gaze fixed firmly on the future – beginning with Iron Man 3.
Principal photography on the Iron Man threequel has reportedly gotten underway at the sound stages in Wilmington, North Carolina. Seasoned action filmmaker Shane Black (Lethal Weapon, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) is calling the shots.
Latino Review broke the news about the storyline for Iron Man 3 being heavily influenced by Warren Ellis’ “Extremis” comic book mini-series which has since been all but officially confirmed.
The third Iron Man film pits Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) against a nanotechnology virus unleashed upon the world by a sociopathic geneticist (Guy Pearce). This apparently gives rise to a vicious cyborg (James Badge Dale), who is thought to be the mere puppet of a craftier, more intellectual terrorist (Ben Kingsley). The latter character is also heavily speculated as being iconic Iron Man villain The Mandarin in spirit, if not also in name.
Aiding Tony on his latest venture is his ever-loyal assistant/girlfriend Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), along with a fellow scientist (Andy Lau) and Tony’s old colleague/former love interest (Rebecca Hall).
Latino Review is also claiming that Iron Man 3‘s budget has been bumped up from $140 million to $200 million - on a par with Iron Man 2. The logic is that Avengers has grossed more than $1 billion worldwide and picked up lots of critical accolades, Marvel wants Black to deliver not only “a better Iron Man movie but THE BEST Marvel movie, hands down.”
As tough an act as The Avengers is to follow, Iron Man 3 is in a good position to keep Marvel’s winning streak alive.
Iron Man 3 is slated for an U.S. in May 2013.
- To spot the expert, pick the one who predicts the job will take the longest and will cost the most.
- After all is said and done, more is said than done.
- Any design must contain at least one part which is obsolete, two parts which are unobtainable and three parts which are still under development.
- A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works.
- If mathematically you end up with the incorrect answer, try multiplying by the page number.
- Any system which depends on human reliability is unreliable.
- If you can't understand it, it is intuitively obvious.
- The more cordial the buyer's secretary; the greater the odds that the competition already has the order.
- If it's not in the computer, it doesn't exist.
- If an experiment works, something has gone wrong
Unlike just released The Great Gatsby trailer that really captures the atmosphere of the time or atmosphere of the novel, the poster doesn’t really show anything much about the story.
Relied on mainly abstract graphic elements rather than the photography, the poster represents the golden vignette of the opening and the ending frame.
However, one of the year’s most highly anticipated projects, Baz Luhrmann‘s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald‘s classic is scheduled for Christmas Day in the US and in Australian cinemas on 13 January 2013.
Ever brilliant Leonardo DiCaprio stars as the eponymous Jay Gatsby, with Tobey Maguire playing the novel’s narrator, Nick Carraway; Carey Mulligan the female lead, Daisy Buchanan; alongside Isla Fisher as Tom’s mistress Myrtle Wilson, Joel Edgerton as Gatsby’s millionaire love rival Tom Buchanan, Jason Clarke as George Wilson, and newcomer Elizabeth Debicki as Jordan Baker.
2012 release from the guitar legend. Shape Shifter is Carlos Santana's 36th album and is a 13-song instrumental tour de force featuring tracks spanning from the late 1990's to the present and comprises mostly original compositions that have been stashed away for such an instrumental project
01. Shape Shifter 6:15
02. Dom 3:51
03. Nomad 4:48
04. Metatron 2:38
05. Angelica Faith 5:02
06. Never The Same Again 5:01
07. In The Light Of A New Day 5:06
08. Spark Of The Divine 1:02