Friday, February 24, 2012
- Man who run behind car get exhausted.
- Man who keep feet firmly on ground have trouble putting on pants.
- Man with one chopstick go hungry.
- Man who scratches rear should not bite fingernails.
- Man who sinks into woman's arms soon will find arms in woman's sink.
- Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.
- All men eat, but Fu Man Chu.
- War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left.
- Girl who go camping must beware of evil intent.
- If you want pretty nurse, you must be patient.
- The "Nullarbor" in Nullarbor Desert in Western Australia is a Latin name; Null=No, Arbor=Trees.
- The "O" when used as a prefix in Irish surnames means "descendant of."
- The "Twelve Days of Christmas" gifts: A partridge in a pear tree, two turtledoves, three French hens, four calling birds, five gold rings, six geese laying, seven swans swimming, eight maids milking, nine ladies dancing, ten lords leaping, eleven pipers piping, and twelve drummers drumming. (There are 364 gifts altogether)
- The "y" in signs reading "ye olde.." is properly pronounced with a "th" sound, not "y". The "th" sound does not exist in Latin, so ancient Roman occupied (present day) England used the rune "thorn" to represent "th" sounds. With the advent of the printing press the character from the Roman alphabet which closest resembled thorn was the lower case "y".
- The 180m sprint of the776 BC Olympics (the earliest recorded) was won by Coroebus .
- The 1970 World cup football match between El Savador and Honduras was so highly charged that it resulted in the two countries embarking on a 3 day war.
- The 1st Academy Awards ceremony to be telecast was the 25th, in 1953.
- The 1st Academy Awards were presented in 1927.
- The 1st annual Grammy Awards were awarded in 1959. The Record of the Year was "Volare" by Domenico Modugno, the Album of the Year was "Peter Gunn" by Henry Mancini and the winner of the best R&B performance was "Tequila" by Champs.
- The 1st CMA (Country Music Association) Awards, hosted by Sonny James and Bobbie Gentry, were presented at an awards banquet and show in 1967.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Last image from http://www.flickr.com/photos/phoebewanders/4112394251
- Experience is knowing a lot of things that you shouldn't do.
- Some people speak from experience. Some people, from experience, don't speak.
- Experience is a good school, but you never get a vacation.
- There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is not learning from experience.
- Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it the second time.
- The school of experience will let you repeat the lesson if you flunk the first time.
- Experience is something you have plenty of when you're too old to get the job.
- Sylvia Miles had the shortest performance ever nominated for an Oscar with
- Tarantula's can survive 2.5 years without food.
- 'Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu' is the name of a hill in New Zealand.
- Tea was so expensive when it was first brought to Europe in the early 17th century that it was kept in locked wooden boxes.
- Ten per cent of the salt mined in the world each year is used to de-ice the roads in America.
- Tequila is made from the root of the blue agave cactus.
- Texas was one of the first US states to adopt capital punishment by lethal injection -- in 1977.
- The ' funny bone' is not a bone but a nerve.
- The "D" in D-day means "Day". The French term for "D-Day" is "J-jour".
- The "L.L." in L.L. Bean stands for Leon Leonwood.
- The "Miss America" pageant made its network TV debut on ABC In 1954. Miss California, Lee Ann Meriwether, was crowned the winner.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
02. Hey Jude
03. We Can Work It Out
04. Let It Be
05. Oh Darling
06. I Should Have Known Better
07. The Long & Winding Road
08. Come Together
09. Isn’t It a Pity
10. If I Fell
11. And I Love Him
12. Here, There and Everywhere
13. Here Comes the Sun (Bonus Track)
Digital Booklet – Let It Be Roberta – Roberta Flack Sings the Beatles
- Why is the small size of a candy bar the "fun size"? It's more fun to eat a big candy bar.
- Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
- Why are there handicap parking places in front of the skating rink?
- Why doesn't whoop-ass doesn't come in bottle?
- Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and then a diet coke?
- Why are they called apartments when they're all stuck together?
- Why do banks leave both doors open but they chain the pens to the counter?
- Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are dead?
- Why do Americans leave their expensive cars on the driveway, but have useless junk in the garage?
- Why don't the hairs on your arm get split ends?
- 'Stewardesses' and 'reverberated' are the two longest words (12 letters each) that can be typed using on the left hand.
- 'Strengths' is the longest word in the English language with just one vowel.
- Stroking the sole of the foot is used by doctors to produce the Babinski effect.
- Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has
- Sugar was first added to chewing gum in 1869 . . . by a dentist ( William Semple)
- Superman's hair grows ' incredibly long' when exposed to red kryptonite additional storylines include other random effects.
- Swahili is a combination of African tribal languages, Arabic and Portuguese.
- Sweetbread is neither sweet, nor bread. It is a dish made up of the pancreas or the thymus gland of a calf or lamb.
- Swiss Steak, Chop Suey, Russian Dressing, and a Hamburger all originated in the US.
- Switching letters is called spoonerism. For example, saying jag of Flapan, instead of flag of Japan.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
02. Wyclef Jean - Here's To The State Of Mississippi 5:50
03. Richie Havens - Will The Circle Be Unbroken? 3:58
04. The Roots - Ain't Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around 3:18
05. John Legend - Woke Up This Morning 3:46
06. Joss Stone - Eyes On The Prize 3:48
07. Angie Stone - Wade In The Water 2:36
08. Anthony Hamilton & The Blind Boys Of Alabama - This May Be 3:31
The Last Time
09. Vivian Green - Oh Freedom 3:07
10. Anthony Hamilton, Joss Stone, The Blind Boys Of Alabama, Mary 3:21
Monday, February 20, 2012
Just to let you know that blogging will be intermittent over the next couple days as I have succumbed to an illness.
Hope to be back with you real soon!
A wedding is an auspicious event that not only celebrates a union of two people, but joins two families together as well. On this happy occasion, a wrong comment, even if its said as a joke, can have a lasting impact on the whole marriage, turning it into an eternal tiff rather than eternal bliss. So make sure you’re not the one responsible for a spat or an uncomfortable atmosphere by avoiding these ten remarks, because when it comes to a wedding, silence is surely the best policy!
1. Never make any mention of past marriages
Past is past and it should remain that way. The couple is starting a new life and therefore, reminding them of a previous marriage in any way is the last thing you would want to do. Even funny comments like, “This one is way better than your last one” or “I hope this one lasts longer than the previous one”, are a big NO.
2. Don’t pass a negative comment about the bride’s dress
The bride’s dress should not bother you because you’re not the one who’s wearing it, and obviously she wouldn’t be wearing it if she thought it were bad! So comments like, “Wasn’t it available in a different colour?” or “I think this should have been a little longer/shorter” or “Why didn’t you go to that designer I told you about?”, should be avoided. You don’t want to make a bride loose her confidence on her special day!
3. Don’t criticize the menu
It’s their wedding, therefore they decide the menu. So whatever comes your way should be appreciated. Still if you feel that you can’t have the food over there, then a polite comment like, “My stomach is upset”, or something similar is a better option than actually criticizing the food.
4. Never compare the bride and the groom
Never compare the bride and the groom even if the bride is downright ugly or the groom has the looks of a Greek god and vice versa. As long the couple is happy with each other, you should be happy for them as well. Some people even have the audacity to whisper in the bride or the groom’s ear that they could have done so much better. This is plain rude and a comment like this deserves nothing but tight slap on the speaker’s face.
5. Check before mentioning a deceased family member
A wedding is a happy occasion and the mention of someone who has passed away can give the event a sad atmosphere, especially if that person was close to the bride or groom and their families. Hence it is always better to play it safe and avoid mentioning such a person because you never know who you might end up upsetting.
6. Keep the secrets about bridge and groom to yourself
Everyone has secrets and everyone has done crazy things in the past, and just because someone is getting married doesn’t mean he/she would want their spouse to know, especially on their wedding day. However, relating a funny incident is completely harmless, but besides that, all the wild crazy stuff should go with you to your grave.
7. Don’t tell mother-in-law jokes
Mother-in-law jokes are no doubt very funny but a wedding is not the best place to share them, especially when two newly made mother-in-laws are on the loose. You never know how they or other people might take them, that is why its better to save them for another occasion.
8. If you had/have other plans don’t make any mention of them
People invite you to their wedding because they want you to be a part of their special day and want to share their happiness with you. Saying that you have to go somewhere else or had to be somewhere else gives the impression that rather than being a part of their joy, you were actually doing them a favour by attending the event, and this could even hurt their feelings.
9. Don’t predict the future of the marriage
As a joke, many people, especially the bride and groom’s friends, actually make bets guessing how long would it take for the couple to break the marriage bond. Believe me its not funny, on the contrary its rude and offensive and I shouldn’t even be telling you to keep away from such games, you should be sensible enough to know that yourself!
10. Stop bragging about your gift to the couple
Ok, just because you gave a great expensive gift or a fat cheque to the newly wed couple doesn’t mean that you start bragging about it. Not everyone can afford it and your showing off can make people feel inferior and uncomfortable with their gift or money.
Bachelor film project 2012 from The Animation Workshop.
Toki's tribe expects him to bring home the head of the biggest animal possible. In return, he will receive honour and respect. However, this rite of passage does not turn out as planned. With the help of a colourful new friend, he achieves something much bigger.
By: Christian Bøving-Andersen, Casper Michelsen, Eva Lee Wallberg, Tina Lykke Thorn, Søren B. Nørbæk, Allan Lønskov, Jakob Kousholt, David F. Otzen
Support the emerging animators of the future by visiting the links below.
Are you ever stuck for words or in need of a way out of a tricky conversation? Not any more – ‘Self-Annihilating Sentences‘ are the perfect get-out clause which will instantly put an end to any argumentative or stagnant discourse!
- No man can die properly without experience.
- No matter where you go, there you are.
- No two things are the same, no matter how you look at them.
- Show me an honest man and I'll show you a man who tells the truth.
- An artist without paints can't paint unless he has a canvas.
- Everything that exists has a good reason for existence - which has long since disappeared.
- All simplifying assumptions are too complicated.
- If your father was sterile, the same is probably true of you.
- A sway-backed horse doesn't have to sag.
- Any truth is an under-exaggeration.
Two CD compilation that explores the Brazilian Jazz groups and artists at the centre of the Bossa Nova explosion of the early 1960s, known as 'Samba Jazz' or 'Hard Bossa'.
0.01: Sambalanco Trio - Samblues (02:13)
0.02: Tamba 4 - San Salvador (02:21)
0.03: Airto Moreira - Xibaba (04:36)
0.04: Sergio Mendes - Canto Do Ubirantan (02:07)
0.05: Dom Um Romão - Birimbau (02:42)
0.06: Walter Wanderley - Capoeira (04:19)
0.07: Zimbo Trio - Anoiteceu (02:54)
0.08: Som Imaginario - A-3 (03:11)
0.09: Sergio Mendes - Neurotico (02:23)
0.10: Meirelles E Os Copa 5 - Solo (01:46)
0.11: Airto Moreira - Tomba In 7/4 (06:23)
0.12: Milton Banana - Primitivo (02:40)
0.13: Antônio Carlos Jobim - Stone Flower (03:19)
0.14: Sambalanco Trio - Improviso Negro (02:44)
0.15: Quarteto Novo - Vim de Santana (05:12)
0.16: Edu Lobo - Vento Bravo (03:31)
0.17: Tamba 4 - Slick (03:06)
0.18: Luis Carlos Vinhas - Batucada (02:38)
0.19: Eumir Deodato - Bebe (02:29)
0.20: Paulo Moura - Das Tardes Mas Sos (03:09)
0.21: Quinteto Villa Lobos - Ritmica 1 (01:55)
0.22: Meirelles - Mulhé Rendeira (04:05)
0.23: Zimbo Trio - Para Lennon e McCartney (02:00)
0.24: Quarteto Novo - Fica Mal Com Deus (03:30)
0.25: Joao Donato - Patambalacunde (03:06)
0.26: Tamba 4 - California Soul (02:58)
0.27: Tenorio Jr - Consolacao (02:28)
0.28: Salinas - Like A Rainy Night (05:16)
0.29: Balanco Trio - Zazueira (02:42)
0.30: Baden Powell - Rosa Flor (02:54)
1. I Know Him So Well
2. Just The Lonely Talking Again
3. You're Still My Man
1. One Moment In Time
2. Love Is A Contact Sport
1. I Want To Dance With Somebody
2. Moment Of Truth
1. I Wanna Dance With Somebody
2. Just The Lonely Talking Again
3. Love Will Save The Day
4. Didn't We Almost Have It All
5. So Emotional
6. Where You Are
7. Love Is A Contact Sport
8. You're Still My Man
9. For The Love Of You
10. Where Do Broken Hearts Go
11. I Know Him So Well
1. How Will I Know
2. Saving All My Love For You
1. All At Once
2. Greatest Love Of All
1. Saving All My Love For You
2. All At Once
3. The Greatest Love Of All
1. You Give Good Love
2. Thinking About You
3. Someone For Me
4. Saving All My Love For You Whitney Houston
5. Nobody Loves Me Like You Do Whitney Houston with Jermaine Jackson
6. How Will I Know Whitney Houston
7. All At Once Whitney Houston
8. Take Good Care Of My Heart
9. Greatest Love Of All
10. Hold Me