Saturday, September 10, 2011
Are you ever stuck for words or in need of a way out of a tricky conversation? Not any more – ‘Self-Annihilating Sentences‘ are the perfect get-out clause which will instantly put an end to any argumentative or stagnant discourse!
- Let's decide right now whether you or I will be competitive.
- I won't hesitate for a moment to avoid answering!
- I am myself, and I'm going to continue to play that role!
- I have something to say, but I don't know what.
- Let's decide right now whether I will adapt to you or you will adapt to me.
- The executive committee proposes the following compromise: make it optional for those who want it, and required for those who don't.
- You don't stand alone. I also stand alone!
- I'm an atheist, thank God.
- I swear to make no promises I cannot keep.
- The time has come to rise above principles.
Another big Hollywood star is cast in "Les Miserables". It has been confirmed that Russell Crowe signed up to take a role in the big screen adaptation of the Broadway play, portraying the heartless police inspector Javert.
Crowe's character will encounter Hugh Jackman's Jean Valjean when the police inspector persecutes the impoverished man for stealing bread to feed his family. Speaking of these two lead actors, producer Sir Cameron MacKintosh said, "Not only were they born to play these roles vocally, but they thrillingly inhabit this great score."
Along with the Crowe casting, Universal Pictures has also set a release date for the drama musical film. It is plotted to arrive in theatres across the United States on December 7, 2012, right in the centre of Oscar season.
"Les Miserables" film version has a script written by William Nicholson based on Victor Hugo's sprawling 1862 novel. Tom Hooper is on board to serve as a director, while Anne Hathaway was recently rumoured to play Fantine.
- the average golf ball has 336 dimples
- the average hen lays 228 eggs a year
- the average human brain contains around 78% water
- the average human drinks over 60,566 litres (16,000 gallons) of water in a lifetime
- the average ice berg weighs 20,000,000 tons
- the average life span of a mosquito is 2 weeks
- the average lifespan of a squirrel is 9 years
- the average mature oak tree sheds over 700,000 leaves in Autumn
- the average person consumes over a ton of food and drink each year
Friday, September 9, 2011
Nick Jonas will take over Daniel Radcliffe's role in the Broadway show "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying". Along with director Rob Ashford, Jonas announced the news at an event at Sardi's in New York City.
Jonas is following the footsteps of the "Harry Potter" actor, who will be in the show until January 1. "Glee" star Darren Criss will fill in the role for three weeks starting January 3, before the youngest member of the Jonas Brothers begins his stint from January 24 to July 1, 2012.
Christopher Lloyd has stepped back into the DeLorean in character as Doctor Emmett Brown in an advert for an Argentinian Electronics Store. The video shows an Argentinian couple whose romantic evening is cut short as the DeLorean appears from nowhere and comes to a standstill outside an electronics store.
The couple give chase, the car doors open and Christopher Lloyd, in full Doc Brown costume, steps out somewhat perplexed by the technology surrounding him.
Slashfilm are reporting the advert is for Garbarinos, an electronics superstore.
In 2010, the year Back To The Future celebrated it's 25-year anniversary, co-creator Bob Gale spoke out about the chances of a fourth instalment:
Anne Hathaway has slipped out of her Catwoman suit when filming "The Dark Knight Rises". After being spotted a few days ago filming a fight scene in a warm coat, Selina Kyle has once again ditched her feline thief persona during the September 7 shooting.
The actress is pictured donning a black form-fitting blazer on top of a figure-hugging dress. The movie beauty completed her elegant look with a matching wide-brim hat, gloves and heels. She's seen coming out of a building while dragging a suitcase.
Catwoman has been reported finding her sidekick in Juno Temple. The Queen Anne of "The Three Musketeers" allegedly will play a "street smart Gotham gal" Holly Robinson. She's a young prostitute who was first seen in Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One".
I'd love to, but...
- I have to be on the next train to Bermuda.
- I'm having all my plants neutered.
- People are blaming me for the Spanish-American War.
- I changed the lock on my door and now I can't get out.
- I'm making a home movie called "The Thing That Grew in My Refrigerator."
- I'm attending a perfume convention as guest sniffer.
- My yucca plant is feeling yucky.
- I'm touring China with a wok band.
- My chocolate-appreciation class meets that night.
- I never go out on days that end in "Y."
Until their Alibi release, all of America's albums began with the letter "H," with the exception of their debut album America which is commonly referred to as their Horse With No Name LP, after their number-one hit from that album inL972.
Their albums are titled America (1972), Homecoming (1972), Hat Trick (1973), Hat Trick (1975), Hits (1975), Hideaway (1976), and Harbour (1977).
The band was formed in England by a group of U. S. Air Force dependents. A number of America's songs can be heard in the 1982 animated movie The Last Unicorn.
You didn’t mean to, but you did it. With the first burst of warm weather in Australia after a cold wet winter, Aussies head to the beach and other favourite haunts to relax and enjoy the newly found warmth.
After a day spent basking in the sun, your skin can be very red almost to the extent of resembling fried tomatoes.
Moving even an inch hurts your tender skin and all you can think is “skin cancer!”
Don’t panic. Just remember to not make it a regular practice.
These natural remedies will assist to soothe and heal your sunburn.
1. Aloe Vera
This tried-and-true remedy should be your go-to natural medicine for sunburn (or any minor burns, actually). Open one of the leaves of an aloe vera plant and rub the juice on your sunburned skin. Relax as the aloe vera instantly cools your hot flesh. The aloe vera will form a protective barrier on your skin to lock in moisture and begin the healing process. Be sure to continue to drink lots of water to rehydrate your body.
Who would have thought your favourite tea could also soothe raw, burnt skin? Add a few drops of chamomile extract to a bowl of cold water. Dip a washcloth in the cooling mixture and gently pat the damp cloth on all of your sunburned areas.
If you got burnt pretty much all over, soak yourself in a chamomile bath. Add several drops of chamomile extract to an as-chilly-as-you-can-stand bath.
Did even your eyelids get burnt? Press two cooled chamomile tea bags onto your eyes to relieve sunburned eyelids.
3. Baking soda
A baking soda bath will take the sting out of your sunburn. Add about a cup of this handy cleaning and baking agent to a bath of cool water. Soak away.
Be sure to moisturize your skin regularly, especially if you start to peel.
Next time remember to wear that natural sunscreen. Not forgetting to re-apply as the day wears on.
- the Australian aircraft carrier QANTAS stands for Queensland And Northern Territories Aerial Service
- the average age at which America's presidents have taken office is 54
- the average age of a polar bear in the wild is 17 years
- the average American eats 263 eggs a year
- the average American will consume over 465 trees worth of paper over their lifetime
- the average Americans diet consists of 55% junk food
- the average bank teller loses $250 every year
- the average bed contains over 6 billion dust mites
- the average cow produces 40 glasses of milk a day
- the average elephant produces 22kg (50 pounds) of dunn each day