Wednesday, September 7, 2011

JULIE NEWMAR ON “CATWOMAN”

 

catwoman-julie-newmar

 

In the middle of "The Dark Knight Rises" hype, Julie Newmar who is famously known for portraying Catwoman in the 1960's Batman series offered her thought about the new actors playing the feline thief and the superhero. She talked about the difference between her era and today's.

"This is what I get from people when they talk to me about the original Catwoman and compare it to the latter ones," the movie vet said as quoted by Hero Complex. "I think people prefer the more humorous one, the lighter one."

"People seem to complain that the recent ones are too dark in spirit. But that's what reflects what's going on. That's what film and acting and everything is," she went on before adding, "I don't envy someone that has to play Batman or Catwoman today. It was a heck of a lot more fun when Adam West and I did it."

1 comment: