Saturday, January 5, 2013
- At some point in a duel, the hero and villain will cross swords at face level, allowing them to grip each other's weapon while making nasty/sarcastic comments before they break the clinch and continue fighting. Why doesn't anyone just ram the sword guard into their opponent's face, stun him, and then finish him off?
- If the hero and villain's swords cross at or below waist level, they will break the clinch, fall back, and pause -- despite the fact that a simple upthrust into the opponent's belly after the break would end the duel right there and then.
- If there is a candelabra, the villain will show how talented he is with a sword by cutting the candles and watching them fall over; the hero will do the same but the candles won't fall until after the villain has made a comment about the hero's lack of fencing ability, at which point the hero will topple the cut candles, showing that he is more skilled than the villain because his candles didn't fall over from the force of the cut.
- During a duel, the hero will jump or climb onto a table/bench/piano/platform that raises him above the villain. At that point, the villain will swipe at the hero's legs, which the hero avoids by jumping up in the air over the villain's blade. Very rarely, the positions are reversed.
Album: The Movie Masters – 40 – Worlds Greatest Film Themes
Genres: Soundtrack, Music
Released: 21 March 2011
℗ 2011 Lushgroove
02 Theme From Titanic (My Heart Will Go On)
03 Theme From Pirates Of The Caribbean: He’s A Pirate
04 Theme From Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince
05 Theme From Raiders Of The Lost Ark
06 Theme From Avatar (I See You)
07 Theme From Superman
08 Theme From Blade Runner
09 Theme From Toy Story (You’ve Got A Friend In Me)
10 Theme From Twilight (Bella’s Lullaby)
11 Theme From Ghostbusters
12 Theme From Bridget Jones – The Edge of Reason (Stop)
13 Theme From Shrek 3 (Accidentally In Love)
14 Theme From Rocky (Gonna Fly Now)
15 Theme From Batman
16 Theme From The Lion King (Can You Feel The Love Tonight)
17 Theme From Schindler’s List
18 Theme From The Da Vinci Code (Chevaliers De Sangreal)
19 Theme From Saving Private Ryan (Hymn To The Fallen)
20 Theme From Chariots Of Fire
21 Theme From The Exorcist (Tubular Bells)
22 Theme From Matrix Revolutions
23 Theme From Midnight Cowboy (Everybody’s Talking)
24 Theme From James Bond
25 Theme From Star Wars
26 Theme From Love Actually (All You Need Is Love)
27 Theme From Top Gun (Take My Breath Away)
28 Theme From Robin Hood : Prince Of Thieves ((Everything I Do) I Do It For You)
29 Theme From Four Weddings And A Funeral (Love Is All Around)
30 Theme From E.T.
31 Theme From Jaws
32 Theme From Mission:Impossible
33 Theme From 2001 – A Space Odyssey (Also Sprach Zarathustra)
34 Theme From Doctor Zhivago – Lara’s Theme
35 Theme From Terminator 2
36 Theme From The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
37 Theme From The Great Escape
38 Theme From Notting Hill (When You Say Nothing At All)
39 Theme From Ghost (Unchained Melody)
40 Theme From Sex And The City
- Elizabeth Bennet is the protagonist in the well known novel by Jane Austen – Pride and Prejudice.
- The secure seedbank called the Global Seed Vault is sited on the isle of Spitsbergen in Svalbard, Norway.
- Drunkorexia is the coined term for the practice of young women starving themselves so that they can drink alcohol in the belief that they will not gain weight.
- When water freezes it expands.
- Ray Lawler wrote the Australian play The Summer of the Seventeenth Doll which was first performed at the Union Theatre in Melbourne, Australia, on 28 November 1955.
- The common name for dihydrogen monoxide is water.
- The American cartoonist who authored the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes was Bill Watterson.
- Angela Lansbury played mystery writer Jessica Fletcher in the TV Series Murder She Wrote.
- Middle Eastern Lake Tiberas is better known by the Sea of Galilee.
- The official Scottish title for Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is The Countess of Strathearn.
Friday, January 4, 2013
Ants Problem : Ants hate cucumbers. Keep the skin of cucumbers near the place or ant hole.
To get pure and clean ice : Boil water first before freezing.
To make the mirror shine : Clean with spirit
To remove chewing gum from clothes : Keep the cloth in the freezer for an hour.
To whiten white clothes : Soak white clothes in hot water with a slice of lemon for 10 minutes
To give a shine to hair : Add one teaspoon of vinegar to hair, then wash hair.
To get maximum juice out of lemons : Soak lemons in hot water for one hour, and then juice them.
To avoid smell of cabbage while cooking : Keep a piece of bread on the cabbage in the vessel while cooking.
* I have not tried these and do not guarantee any claims
- Interviewee brought a friend (without confirming first), mentioned her friend was a drug addict so would definitely have to stick around "for a few pay checks".
- Candidate texted on cell phone during the interview.
- Prospect reeked of alcohol.
- Huge drop of drool came out of candidate's mouth while listening to a question.
- Candidate wore shorts and sandals, and a baseball cap.
- When asked if there was anything else he wanted to tell the interviewer, the applicant said, "Well, ma'am, I ain't never killed nobody before."
- One applicant sang all the responses to the interview questions.
- One candidate, when asked if he was ever convicted of a felony, responded, "No, I was not convicted, I pled guilty."
- A job applicant challenged the interviewer to an arm wrestle.
- Interviewee wore a Walkman, explaining that she could listen to the interviewer and the music at the same time.
Shanghai Railway Station is the main railway station in Shanghai. It is one of the top class railway stations in China. Its passenger traffic is heaviest at all railway stations in Shanghai.
The station is located on Moling Road, Zhabei District, to the North of the city centre. It is governed by Shanghai Railway Bureau and is one of the most important hubs of the railway network in China. Shanghai Railway Station is called "The New Railway Station" by locals since it replaced Shanghai North Railway Station (also known as "Old North Railway Station" by locals) as the city's main train station in 1987.
In June 2008, in order to co-operate with the opening of World Expo Shanghai 2010, Shanghai Government and Zhabei District carried out a new renovation called the "Shanghai Railway Station North Plaza Comprehensive Transportation Hub Project" with a total investment over 4.1 billion RMB.
On May 29, 2010, the renovation was completed. It expanded the north building from 1,000 square meters to 15,560 square metres, refurbished the south building and added a new designed wave-shaped roof over the platform.
1. With a Smile and a Song
2. Someday My Prince Will Come
3. Give a Little Whistle
4. Lavender Blue
5. Someone's Waiting for You
6. Sooner or Later
7. The Second Star to the Right
8. I'm Late
9. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
10. When I See an Elephant Fly
11. Baby Mine
12. Pink Elephants on Parade
13. When You Wish upon a Star