Saturday, February 4, 2012
- Gun Control: Use both hands.
- Remember: First you pillage then you burn.
- To err is human. To forgive is against company policy.
- If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
- Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.
- Half the people in the world are below average.
- Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software.
- Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh
- You chatter more than a dolphin by a fish bucket.
- Save the whales: collect the whole set .
For Lisa Marie Presley, returning to Graceland apparently feels like she's taking part in documentary series "This Is Your Life". The daughter of Elvis Presley spent her 44th birthday Wednesday, February 1 in Memphis, Tennessee, opening a new exhibit called "Elvis ... Through His Daughter's Eyes," and has since shared her thoughts over the experience. Recalling what went through her mind when she first saw the exhibit, the Princess of Rock and Roll told PEOPLE, "I walked in with my twins [3-year-old Harper and Finley], looked around, and I gasped. I couldn't tell if I was going to laugh or cry." She added, "It was like that show 'This Is Your Life'." "Elvis ... Through His Daughter's Eyes" is featured on Graceland's VIP tour and will remain open for two years.
Ringo Starr won't be joining The Beatles reunion if there is any. The former Fab Four rules out doing the band reunion when being asked by CNN to address rumour about a 2012 Olympics gig in London. "Oh no, I'll be here. I'm already booked in America," he says. When he's informed that his former bandmate, Paul McCartney, thought the opposite, Ringo states, "Paul can do it." The English musician, who played drums in the band, adds, "He is doing quite well without me. He is doing OK."
After receiving plenty of praises for her acclaimed role in "The Help", Viola Davis is now booked to star in not just one but two upcoming high-profile movies. Variety reported the 46-year-old actress has landed supporting roles in both "Ender's Game" and "Beautiful Creatures". In Gavin Hood's "Ender's Game", Davis is cast as a "military psychologist" who takes care of the emotional welfare of young trainees. She also helps design the games that test the trainees' skills and resilience. By joining the project, the South Carolina-born actress is set to star opposite "Hugo" actor Asa Butterfield and "True Grit" actress Hailee Steinfeld. Abigail Breslin, Ben Kingsley and Harrison Ford are also in the cast ensemble.
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are slated to perform on the Grammy Awards' February 12 telecast. The Boss and his band join a previously announced lineup of performers including Adele, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Foo Fighters, Rihanna, Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Bruno Mars, Jason Aldean, Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj.In addition, the Grammys announced Thursday that Jack Black, Fergie, Questlove and Ringo Starr have been added to the list of awards presenters.
- Per capita, the Irish eat more chocolate than Americans, Swedes, Danes, French, and Italians.
- Persians first began using coloured eggs to celebrate spring in 3,000 B.C. 13th century Macedonians were the first Christians on record to use coloured eggs in Easter celebrations. Crusaders returning from the Middle East spread the custom of colouring eggs, and Europeans began to use them to celebrate Easter and other warm weather holidays.
- Peter the Great had the head of his wife's lover cut off and put into a jar of preserving alcohol, which he then ordered to be placed by her bed.
- Physicist Murray Gell-Mann named the sub-atomic particles known as quarks for a random line in James Joyce, "Three quarks for Muster Mark!"
- Pierce Brosnan's first appearance as James Bond was in 1995 Golden Eye.
- Pierre and Marie Currie's notebooks were sold in auction in 1984, after their radiation levels were checked.
- Pine, spruce, or other evergreen wood should never be used in barbecues. These woods, when burning or smoking, can add harmful tar and resins to the food. Only hardwoods should be used for smoking and grilling, such as oak, pecan, hickory, maple, cherry, alder, apple, or mesquite, depending on the type of meat being cooked.
- Pinocchio is Italian for "pine head."
- Pistols were first used in the Olympic games shooting events in 1984.
- Plants that need to attract moths for pollination are generally white or pale yellow, to be better seen when the light is dim. Plants that depend on butterflies, such as the poppy or the hibiscus, have more colourful flowers.
Friday, February 3, 2012
FINAL OSCAR BALLOTS OF 2012 ARE OFFICIALLY IN THE MAIL.
The Academy announced on Wednesday, Feb. 1 that ballots had been mailed to all 5,783 voting members for completion. Voters have until Tuesday, February 21 to return the ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for submission – any received after the deadline will not be counted.
Votes will be tabulated with the winners’ names placed in sealed envelopes for the Sunday, February 26 broadcast, where the winners’ in 19 Awards categories will be announced live on ABC rebroadcast world-wide simultaneously.
- I'm sorry but my answering machine is out of order. I am leaving a broken CD player in its place. It can't take messages either. In fact, it can't even play you a nice tune while you wait to not leave a message.
- Hi. This is Kevin and Diana's vacuum cleaner. Their appliances have switched jobs again, and I get to answer the phone 'cause my old job sucked. So leave a message after you hear the beep, and you can be sure it's in the bag.
- Lindsey's not home now. This is his domestic droid speaking. I'm not programmed to answer the phone, so just leave a message, and Lindsey will get back to you as soon as possible .
- Hello. This is Ron's answering machine, Marvin, and I'm SO depressed. I have 50,000 times the memory capacity of my owner, but all I get to do is answer the phone. Life. Don't talk to me about life. Just leave your name and number after the beep. Here comes the beep, God how I hate that beep, it's so cheery sounding.
- Hello. You are talking to a machine. I am capable of receiving messages. My owners do not need siding, windows, or a hot tub, and their carpets are clean. They give to charity through the office and don't need their picture taken. If you're still with me, leave your name and number and they will get back to you.
- (Kazoo band playing "Thus Spake Zarathustra":) Thinking you were making an ordinary phone call, you have instead reached.(TA-DAAAAA!) the ANSWERING MACHINE! Leave your name and number, and we will get back to you as soon as we can..
- (Rod Serling imitation:) You're dazed, bewildered, trapped in a world without time, where sound collides with colour and shadows explode. You see a signpost up ahead -- this is no ordinary telephone answering device... You have reached, "The Twilight Phone".
- Thank you for calling 434-2322. If you wish to speak to Tim, push 1 on your touch tone phone now. If you wish to speak to Lynn, push 2 on your touch tone phone now. If you have a wrong number, push 3 on your touch tone phone now. All of this button pushing doesn't do anything, but it is a good way to work off anger, and it makes us feel like we have a big time phone system.
- (Very fast:) Hi, this is 904-4344. If you want to leave a message, please wait for the tone. If you want to leave your name and number, please press pound, press 3, then dial your name, then press 6 and dial your number. If you want to leave your name and just a message, press star, press 6, ask for extension 4443, then leave your name and message. If you want to leave your number and the time you called, please press star twice, spin in a circle, press 1 twice, talk loud and BEEP.
- Hi, you've reached the home of George Ledec. If you are calling to collect a student loan, gambling debt, or other obligation, please press 1 and hang up now. If you are selling any product or service, or requesting charitable donations, please press 2 and hang up now. Otherwise, press 3 and leave your message now. Pressing 3 is optional
KUALA LUMPUR RAILWAY STATION
Kuala Lumpur Railway Station is a train station located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Completed in 1910 to replace an older station on the same site, the station was Kuala Lumpur's railway hub in the city for the Federated Malay States Railways and Malayan Railway (Malay: Keretapi Tanah Melayu), before Kuala Lumpur Sentral assumed much of its role in 2001. The station is notable for its architecture, adopting a mixture of Eastern and Western designs.
The station is located along a road named Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, previously known as Victory Avenue, which in turn was part of Damansara Road. The station is located closely to the similarly designed Railway Administration Building, as well as the National Mosque and Dayabumi Complex. The Pasar Seni LRT station is located 400 metres away, across the Klang River.
Address Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Lines Rawang-Seremban Route and Sentul-Port Klang Route (KTM Komuter) (1995 to present) North-South Line and KL Sentral-Ipoh Route (KTM Intercity) Platforms 2 side platforms and 1 island platform. Tracks 4 Parking Available.
Owned by Keretapi Tanah Melayu
Emma Watson could end up reuniting with her "Harry Potter" director David Yates in her next movie. The English beauty is currently in negotiation to star in Yates' new film project called "Your Voice in My Head", which will be developed at Warner Bros. Pictures. According to Deadline, Watson is expected to tackle the female lead role of a young woman who tries to commit suicide before being saved by a New York-based psychiatrist who is dying of cancer. As for the male lead, Warners reportedly eyes some high-profile names like Tom Hanks and George Clooney.
Russell Crowe could add more A-list movie projects on his list in the near future. After landing a role as Superman's Kryptonian father in "Man of Steel", the Oscar-winning actor is now reportedly eyed to star in two high-profile movies, "Noah" and "Robocop" reboot. Deadline reported that Crowe has been courted by "Black Swan" director Darren Aronofsky to take on the lead role of prophet Noah in his movie. It is said that the filmmaker also has his eyes on Liam Neeson for another undisclosed part.
Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum's anticipated remake comedy "21 Jump Street" is set to have its world premiere at the 2012 South by Southwest Film Conference and Festival. On Wednesday, February 1, SXSW organizers announced that the movie will have its special screening at the festival on March 12. The remake of Johnny Depp-starring 1980s TV hit show is due to open wide in Australia. on March 15, three days after the screening. The story is about two cops who are sent to do undercover work in high schools and colleges to catch troubled youths.
Scarlett Johnasson and Oscar-winner Denzel Washington will be honoured in Germany this weekend with the Golden Camera prize, one of the country's top entertainment awards. Johansson, who stars in Joss Whedon's The Avengers, will receive the best international actress award while Washington, currently in theatres with Daniel Espinosa's Safe House, picks up the Golden Camera for best international actor. In the music categories, R&B legend Dionne Warwick will receive a lifetime achievement honours and Dutch jazz sensation Caro Emerald will be honoured with the best music international nod. The 2012 Golden Cameras will be held Saturday, February 4 in Berlin.