Saturday, April 7, 2012
- I worked at a coffee shop, but it was the same old grind.
- I tried working in a muffler factory, but that was too exhausting.
- I tried to work at a deli, but no matter how I sliced it, I couldn't cut the mustard.
- I worked for a plumber, but that work was too draining.
- I even worked as a lumberjack, but I couldn't hack it. So they gave me the axe.
- I tried to work in a shoe factory, but I couldn't fit in.
- I became a fisherman, but couldn't live on my net income.
- I was a musician, but I found I wasn't noteworthy.
- I then got a job at a workout club, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.
- I got a job as a historian, but there was no future in that!
- I wanted to become a doctor, but I didn't have any patience.
Universal Pictures is planning a reboot of its successful The Mummy franchise. Variety reports that the studio has set Prometheus screenwriter Jon Spaihts on the project.
"I see it as the sort of opportunity I had with 'Prometheus,'" Spaihts tells the outlet. "To go back to a franchise's roots in dark, scary source material, and simultaneously open it up to an epic scale we haven't seen before."
01. Gotye Feat Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know 04:07
02. Coldplay - Paradise 04:19
03. Ed Sheeran - Lego House 03:05
04. Emeli Sande - Next To Me 03:16
05. Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) 03:42
06. Jessie J - Domino 03:21
07. David Guetta Feat Sia - Titanium 04:06
08. Flo Rida - Good Feeling 04:07
09. Katy Perry - The One That Got Away 03:48
10. Labrinth - Last Time 04:23
11. Rizzle Kicks - Mama Do The Hump 03:37
12. Olly Murs - Dance With Me Tonight 03:23
13. Pixie Lott - Kiss The Stars 03:15
14. One Direction - One Thing 03:17
15. Marcus Collins - Seven Nation Army 02:58
16. Florence + The Machine - Shake It Out 03:36
17. Drake Feat Rihanna - Take Care 04:37
18. Lana Del Rey - Born To Die 04:46
19. Little Mix - Cannonball 03:25
20. JLS - Proud 04:02
21. Military Wives Choir, Gareth Malone & The London 02:52
Metropolitan Orchestra - Wherever You Are
01. LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It 03:21
02. Flo Rida Feat Sia - Wild Ones 03:55
03. Lady Gaga - Marry The Night 04:25
04. Avicii - Levels 03:21
05. Pitbull Feat Chris Brown - International Love 03:48
06. Lloyd Feat Andre 3000 & Lil Wayne - Dedication To My Ex 03:57
07. Sean Paul - She Doesn’t Mind 03:49
08. Taio Cruz - Troublemaker 03:15
09. Alexandra Burke Feat Erick Morillo - Elephant 03:49
10. Swedish House Mafia vs Knife Party - Antidote 02:57
11. Rizzle Kicks - When I Was A Youngster 02:56
12. Stooshe Feat Travie McCoy - Love Me 03:05
13. Gym Class Heroes Feat Neon Hitch - Get Yourself Back Home 03:42
14. Rihanna - You Da One 03:21
15. Tinchy Stryder Feat Pixie Lott - Bright Lights (Good Life) 03:27
16. Cover Drive - Twilight 03:28
17. Alyssa Reid Feat Jump Smokers - Alone Again 03:19
18. Jessie J - Who You Are 03:50
19. Chiddy Bang - Ray Charles 03:44
20. Will.i.am Feat Mick Jagger, Jennifer Lopez - T.H.E. 04:08
(The Hardest Ever)
21. Dappy Feat Brian May - Rocksta 03:40
- The model ape used in the 1933 movie ' King Kong ' was 18 inches tall.
- The 'Mona Lisa' was once brought by Francis I of France in 1517 to hang in a bathroom and 2’6” by 1’9”.
- The month May was once known to Anglo-Saxons as Thrimilce, because during this month cows could be milked 3 times a day.
- The Monty Python movie "The Life of Brian" was banned in Scotland.
- The moon orbits the Earth every 27.32 days.
- The most abundant metal in the Earth's crust is aluminium.
- The most common blood type in the world is Type O. The rarest, Type A-H, has been found in less than a dozen people since the type was discovered.
- The most common form of cancer is Skin cancer.
- The most common injury in ten pin bowling is a sore thumb.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
Olympic champion diver Matthew Mitcham says his perfect 10s from all seven judges in the 10-metre platform final at the Australian trials indicates he's back to his best.
Mitcham, who hasn't scored 10s since April last year and has spent much of the past 12 months recovering from abdominal injuries, won the trials on Wednesday with a score of 1,514.
The 24-year-old Mitcham, who broke China's domination of the diving gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is aiming for a personal best score of around 1,570 at the London Games later this year.
Friday, April 6, 2012
- Say to your boss, "I like your style" and shoot him with double-barrelled fingers.
- Babble incoherently at a fellow employee then ask, "Did you get all that, I don't want to have to repeat it".
- Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink directly from the nozzle (there must be a 'non-player' within sight).
- Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
- At the end of a meeting, suggest that, for once, it would be nice to conclude with the singing of the national anthem (extra points if you actually launch into it yourself).
- Walk into a very busy person's office and while they watch you with growing irritation, turn the light switch on and off 10 times.
- For an hour, refer to everyone you speak to as "Bob".
- Announce to everyone in a meeting that you "really have to go do a number two".
- After every sentence, say 'mon' in a really bad Jamaican accent. As in "the report's on your desk, mon". Keep this up for one hour.
- While a co-worker is out, move their chair into the elevator.
Inspired by their parents and profoundly proud of their musical lineage, DEDICATED is the album their fans have been waiting for since their debut single “Hold On” topped the charts around the world. Born into rock royalty (Carnie and Wendy Wilson are the daughters of Beach Boys legendary writer and producer Brian Wilson, and Chynna Phillips is the daughter of John and Michelle Phillips of Mamas and Papas fame), WILSON PHILLIPS’ album DEDICATED pays homage to their shared musical heritage. Featuring faithful renditions of The Beach Boys and Mamas & The Papas songs in their unique harmony-rich sound, DEDICATED includes classic songs such as “California Dreamin’,” “Wouldn’t It Be Nice,” “Dedicated to the One I Love” and “God Only Knows.”
01. California Dreamin’ 2:50
02. Wouldn’t It Be Nice 2:46
03. Dedicated To The One I Love 3:08
04. Don’t Worry Baby 3:32
05. Twelve Thirty 3:38
06. I Can Hear Music 3:08
07. Monday Monday 4:18
08. Do It Again 2:52
09. Got A Feelin’ 3:34
10. Fun, Fun, Fun 2:28
11. God Only Knows 3:50
12. Good Vibrations 3:45
- The maximum possible duration of an eclipse is 7 minutes and 31 seconds when the observer is land based and stationary.
- The mechanical shark used in the movie Jaws was nicknamed Bruce, named after Spielberg's lawyer.
- The medical term for a black eye is circumorbital haematoma.
- The Mercedes-Benz motto is 'Das Beste oder Nichts' meaning 'the best or nothing'.
- The metal Gallium will melt in the heat of your hands.
- The metre was originally defined as one 10-millionth of the distance from the equator to the Pole.
- The Middle ear and the Pharynx are joined with the Eustachian tube.
- The Milky Way galaxy contains 5 billion stars larger than our sun.
- The Mills Brothers have recorded the most songs of any artist: about 2,250.
- The minimum number of darts required to finish a single in, double out game of 501 is 9.
- The Moa bird of New Zealand, which became extinct four hundred years ago, was over ten feet tall.