Wednesday, December 15, 2010

TOP QUOTE OF THE YEAR

 

christine_odonnell Christine O’Donnell

An associate librarian at Yale Law School, says the most notable quotation of the year is Christine O’Donnell’s TV declaration: “I’m not a Witch.” Saying, “It was such a remarkable unconventional quote to be part of the political discourse.” BP CEO Tony Hayward tied for first place with the quote, “I’d like my life back.” “People resented the fact that he was wanting to get back to his yacht races and other aspects of his normal life when those little problems were dwarfed by the magnitude of what people on the Gulf Coast were dealing with.”

Here’s the full list:


1. (TIE) “I’m not a witch.” Christine O’Donnell, television advertisement, Oct. 4.
1. (TIE) “I’d like my life back.” Tony Hayward, comment to reporters, May 30.
3. “If you touch my junk, I’m gonna have you arrested.” airline passenger John Tyner, remark to Transportation Security Administration worker at San Diego airport, Nov. 13, 2010
4. “Don’t retreat. Instead - reload!” Sarah Palin, Tweet, March 23.
5. “Chi! Chi! Chi! Le! Le! Le! Los mineros de Chile!” Chant at Chilean mine rescue, Oct. 13.
6. “I hope that’s not where we’re going, but you know, if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies. They’re saying: My goodness, what can we do to turn this country around?” Sharron Angle, radio interview in January.
7. “We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what is in it.” Nancy Pelosi, speech to National Association of Counties, March 9.
8. “I’m going to take my talents to South Beach.” LeBron James, television broadcast, July 8.
9. “You’re telling me that the separation of church and state is found in the First Amendment?” Christine O’Donnell, Delaware senatorial debate, Oct. 19. (The Associated Press reported the quote: “So you’re telling me that the separation of church and state, the phrase ’separation of church and state,’ is in the First Amendment?”)
10. “They should never have put me with that woman. … She was just a sort of bigoted woman who said she used to be Labour.” Gordon Brown, comments about a voter he met while campaigning for British general election, Apr. 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment