Monday, April 18, 2011

MORE ACCIDENT REPORTS

 

Accident insurance claim forms ask for a brief statement about how the accident happened. The combination of the finger pointing instinct and the small spaces provided on the forms can lead to some curiously phrased explanations.

  • "The accident happened when the right door of a car came around the corner without giving a signal."
  • "I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."
  • "I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprung up, obscuring my vision."
  • "I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident."
  • "I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him."
  • "I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, I found that I had a fractured skull."

No comments:

Post a Comment