Saturday, April 23, 2011

MORE ACCIDENT REPORTS

 

Accident insurance claim forms ask for a brief statement about how the accident happened. The combination of the finger pointing instinct and the small spaces provided on the forms can lead to some curiously phrased explanations.

    • "My wench slipped, losing my balance, and I hurt my back."
    • "I was unable to stop in time, and my car crashed into the other vehicle. The driver and passengers then left immediately for a vacation with injuries."
    • "To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian."
    • "The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle."
    • "When I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car."
    • "I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way."

No comments:

Post a Comment