Sunday, August 7, 2011

REMINCISING … LUCILLE BALL QUOTES


Lucy60s

Lucille Ball not only had some great lines in her TV series and movies, she also had a quick wit during interviews.  Enjoy!
  • I'm not funny. What I am is brave.
  • I don't do T & A very well because I haven't got much of either.
  • Ability is of little account without opportunity.
  • I think knowing what you cannot do is more important than knowing what you can.
  • I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
  • (On meeting Desi Arnaz for the first time): It wasn't love at first sight. It took a full five minutes.
  • How I Love Lucy was born? We decided that instead of divorce lawyers profiting from our mistakes, we'd profit from them.
  • I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
  • You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
  • It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.
  • Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
  • Women's lib?... Oh, I'm afraid it doesn't interest me one bit. I've been so liberated it hurts.
  • The best time is when you're working and you're happy.
  • Desi was the great love of my life. I will miss him until the day I die. But I don`t regret divorcing him.
  • In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by.
  • Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
  • You see much more of your children once they leave home.
  • The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
  • Life's a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!
  • I'm happy that I have brought laughter because I have been shown by many the value of it in so many lives, in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment