Friday, January 20, 2012

OVERHEARD IN CAFES

 

 

At McDonald's the customer perused the menu and noted that you could order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. Half dozen nuggets was ordered.

"We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter.

"You don't?" I replied.

"We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply.

"So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?"

"That's right."

So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets.

div85

The following conversation was overheard at a restaurant:

  • Girl: "Boy, I'm really parched."
  • Boy: "Yeah, I'm full too!"

div85

At a pizza-and-sub takeout recently the customer decided that he would try the hamburger sub that was listed, so he called ahead.

  • Customer: "I'd like to place an order for pickup."
  • Him: "Certainly, sir. What would you like to have?"
  • Customer: "I'd like the hamburger sub, please."
  • Him: "Excuse me, the HAMburger sub?"
  • Customer: "Yes."
  • Him: "I'm sorry, but we don't have HAMburger."
  • Customer: "It's right here on the menu."
  • Him: "We don't have HAMburger."

This went on a few times, until the customer finally asked for a cheeseburger sub without the cheese. He was happy to sell that.

div85

No comments:

Post a Comment