Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ACCIDENT REPORTS

 

Accident insurance claim forms ask for a brief statement about how the accident happened. The combination of the finger pointing instinct and the small spaces provided on the forms can lead to some curiously phrased explanations.

 

  • "A pedestrian hit me and went under my car."
  • "The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."
  • "I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way."
  • "Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have."
  • "I thought my window was down; but found it was up when I put my hand through it."
  • "No one was to blame for the accident, but it never would have happened if the other driver had been alert."

No comments:

Post a Comment