Thursday, April 14, 2011

MORE ACCIDENT REPORTS

 

Accident insurance claim forms ask for a brief statement about how the accident happened. The combination of the finger pointing instinct and the small spaces provided on the forms can lead to some curiously phrased explanations

  • "The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him."
  • "I saw the slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car."
  • "I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."
  • "I was taking my canary to the hospital. It got loose in the car and flew out the window. The next thing I saw was his rear end, and there was a crash."
  • "I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner when it was struck by the other car in the same place where it had been struck several times before."
  • "The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment