Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Charlotte Rampling Now and Then

 

rampling

“After a certain age, people don’t look at you. They look at youth. You can’t not look, because it’s so beautiful and it’s so sexy. That fades after a certain time, and that’s quite a difficult thing when it goes. I mean, they look at me a bit because they may recognize me now, but, oh, my God, you don’t get any wolf whistles down the road.” – actress and legendary beauty Charlotte Rampling to the New York Times on how people look at her now that she’s 64.

rampling 112

In 1966, Charlotte had the role of Meredith in the film Georgy Girl. Rampling gained recognition from American audiences in a remake of Raymond Chandler's detective story Farewell, My Lovely (1975) and later with Woody Allen's Stardust Memories (1980) and particularly in The Verdict (1982), an acclaimed drama directed by Sidney Lumet that starred Paul Newman.

No comments:

Post a Comment