Thursday, September 5, 2013

Now It’s X-Factor Musical – I Can’t Sing

 

the-x-factor1

From heartbreak and failure to ecstasy and superstardom, there is rarely a dull moment on the X-Factor. And now the hit TV show is being transformed into a West End musical.

Called I Can't Sing, it has been written by the comedian Harry Hill who said his forthcoming X Factor musical is not just for fans of the ITV talent show.

X Factor boss Simon Cowell added he had no problem being "completely ripped apart" in the production.

"I didn't want to do a musical we took too seriously - it's a fun show. "I never thought the musical would materialise and when I went to the workshop I was laughing so much I thought we've got to make this show."

The musical tells the story of Chenice - a young woman who has never heard of the X Factor after growing up in an ITV blackspot - who ends up auditioning for the show thanks to new friend and wannabe rocker Max.

Cynthia Erivo, who won critical acclaim for her performance as Celie in the stage production of The Color Purple and stars as I Can't Sing's lead, said she was happy to be cast in the musical.

Former EastEnders and Shrek The Musical star Nigel Harmon has been cast as Cowell in the production.

The musical, which also includes digs at George Michael, Geri Halliwell, Coldplay and James Blunt, promises to lift the lid on what goes on behind the scenes on the ITV.

The show will open at the London Palladium on 26 March with previews from 27 February.

No comments:

Post a Comment